If you have a cavity or other minor tooth damage, Dr. Waleed Ahmad and Dr. Haitham Salman may recommend a tooth-colored dental filling to repair and restore the damaged tooth. This restorative treatment is designed to blend in with the natural color of your teeth, giving you a beautiful, long-lasting solution for your smile. To make an appointment with our dentists and learn more about tooth-colored dental fillings in Conroe, Texas, call Dentique Smiles at 936-314-2688.
Traditionally, dental fillings have been made of silver amalgam. However, our dental office uses only composite, or tooth-colored, filling material. Our dentists and team have chosen to use composite filling materials in order to provide you with a more natural-looking result and to promote better long-term oral health. There are many benefits to composite fillings, including:
- Material that bonds to your tooth to provide more support for the tooth’s structural integrity
- Reduced risk of the treated tooth breaking or fracturing in the future
- Insulation from temperature changes caused by foods and beverages
- Better seals around the edges of the damaged area, increasing the tooth’s resistance to decay and leaks
- The ability to correct cavities that are too small for amalgam fillings to repair
- Fillings that can be repaired and replaced without being removed from the tooth
- No mercury or other metals are used, making the filling safer
When you receive a composite dental filling, our dentists will carefully select a filling that matches your natural tooth color to give you a more beautiful and healthier-looking smile. Fillings can usually be placed in a single appointment.
For more information about composite dental fillings and to make an appointment with our dentists, contact our office today.