Our skilled dentists may recommend a nightguard to protect your teeth while you sleep if you suffer from bruxism (teeth grinding and clenching). Your night guard is custom made to provide the maximum protection for your smile. After your bruxism has been brought under control, we will work with you to create a plan to restore your teeth and smile to full health. Call Dentique Smiles at 936-314-2688 to set up a consultation with Dr. Waleed Ahmad and Dr. Haitham Salman and learn more about night guards in Conroe, Texas.
A night guard is a special type of mouthguard that is used to treat bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching. If our dentists or team suspect that you suffer from bruxism, we may recommend a nightguard to protect your teeth from damage and prevent teeth grinding while you sleep. Many people who suffer from bruxism are unaware of the condition because it occurs while they sleep. Common signs of nighttime teeth clenching and grinding include:
- Chronic jaw pain, facial pain, and ear pain
- Awakening with a tired or tight feeling in the jaw
- Frequent tension headaches and migraines
- Excessive tooth wear, leading to chipped, flattened, cracked or very worn teeth
- Extremely worn tooth enamel, exposing the inner layers of the tooth
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
- Increased tooth sensitivity
If you notice the signs of bruxism, you may benefit from a custom night guard. This night guard will be made to fit your smile comfortably and effectively, allowing you to sleep peacefully while protecting your teeth. We invite you to contact us today to learn more about night guards and how we can prevent the negative effects of teeth grinding. We are dedicated to providing the best possible care for your smile.