Straighten Your Smile at Dentique Smiles
Dentique Smiles is proud to introduce our comprehensive orthodontic services, dedicated to helping you achieve the straight, healthy smile you’ve always desired. If you’re interested in enhancing the alignment of your teeth and would like to explore our orthodontic solutions further, please schedule your appointment with us today.
Why Consider Orthodontics?
Orthodontics addresses various dental concerns, making it an ideal choice if you or your child experience:
- Difficulty in chewing or biting
- Mouth breathing
- Crowded, misplaced, protruding, or blocked-out teeth
- Jaw misalignment, including shifting, sounds, protrusion, or retrusion
- Speech difficulties
- Cheek or palate biting problems
- Abnormal bite patterns or misalignment
- Facial imbalance or asymmetry
- Teeth grinding or clenching
Orthodontic Appliances: Tailored for You
Orthodontic appliances are prescribed based on a patient’s age and specific dental and jaw alignment needs. There’s a wide array of orthodontic appliances available, each with its unique treatment techniques. While dental braces are the most commonly recognized, only your Orthodontist can recommend the appliance and restorative technique that best suits your needs.
Types of Braces
Braces are a well-known orthodontic treatment used to straighten teeth and correct misalignments. Braces can be prescribed for teens, adults, and children with permanent teeth. They may be used in conjunction with other orthodontic appliances designed to widen the palate, align jaws, or shape teeth. The average treatment duration for braces is just over two years, but it varies depending on the individual.
There are two primary types of braces: fixed and removable. Your orthodontist will recommend the most suitable type for you.
Fixed Braces are worn 24/7 and can only be removed by an Orthodontist. Options include:
- Traditional braces (the most common type)
- Conventional braces (utilizing elastic or metal ties)
- Self-ligating braces (recommended for faster, more comfortable alignment)
- Ceramic braces (less noticeable, made from porcelain)
Removable Braces are worn around the clock except while eating, drinking, or performing oral hygiene routines. Consistent wear is essential for successful treatment.
Once your dental x-rays and a thorough examination are complete, your Orthodontist will recommend a personalized treatment plan and address any questions you may have. If traditional braces are chosen:
- You’ll decide between conventional or self-ligating braces.
- Brackets are prepared for each tooth receiving a brace.
- Bonding and composite material secure the metal bracket to the tooth.
- A special light hardens the composite material.
- Metal bands are placed on your first molar, and archwires are threaded through the brackets.
- Conventional braces may include elastic or metal ligatures, while self-ligating braces do not.
Initially, you may experience discomfort after being fitted with braces or having them adjusted, but this typically subsides within a week. Over-the-counter analgesics, as directed, can help manage any discomfort.
After the recommended treatment period, your Orthodontist will remove the braces and provide you with a retainer to wear for a prescribed duration. The retainer helps maintain your teeth’s alignment, preventing them from returning to their original positions.
At Dentique Smiles, we are dedicated to transforming your smile and improving your oral health. Schedule your consultation today to embark on the journey to a straighter, healthier smile.
📞 Contact us at 936-314-2688 to book your appointment with our experienced Orthodontists, Dr. Waleed and Dr. Haitham Salman.